The directorate financial services is responsible for managing the financial affairs of Drakenstein Council.
This directorate aims to ensure efficient and effective financial management for council.
This directorate operates within the ambit of the applicable legislation and prescriptions related
to Local Government Finance, of which the following legislation are the most important ones:
- The constitution of RSA
- The MFMA
- Local government systems Act
- Municipal structures Act
- The public office bearers Act
- Budget reform programme of National Treasury
- Circulars issues by the Auditor General, province, and national Treasury
- Council resolutions
- Council policies and powers delegated by council.
This directorate consists of the following sections:
- Financial Accounting Research Expert
- Financial Management and Support
Financial Reporting section
Asset and Insurance section
- Revenue and Expenditure - email
- Supply Chain Management - email
Contact us at: