"A Place of Excellence"
Notice of extension and upgrade at Wellington Waste Water Treatment Works
The extension and upgrade of the Wellington Waste Water Treatment Works will begin on Monday, 30 May 2016. The duration of the construction will be approximately 28 months. The scheduled construction may lead to increased traffic along Ou de Pond Street due to construction on and around this street. Construction vehicles may also use this street to gain access to the waste water treatment works upgrade construction site.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that may be experienced. We endeavour to keep disruptions to a minimum. This work is part of our continuous commitment to maintain and improve our infrastructure.
For any enquiries, please contact Ronald Brown on 021 807 4725 or Ronald.Brown@drakenstein.gov.za
Change in geyser times for summer
As part of the Energy Demand Side Project, geyser timers that have been installed in households across Drakenstein change with summer approaching. As residents are aware, during high electricity demand timeslots, these units turn off the geyser in an effort to relieve pressure on the electricity network. From 1 September 2016 until 30 June 2017, the geysers will be switched off from 18:00 to 20:00. Residents are reminded to please plan accordingly.
NOTICE TO ALL WATER CONSUMERS: WATER RESTRICTIONS (Level 2)
Notice is hereby given in terms of Section 4(3) of the Water Services Act, and Section 52 of the Municipal Water Services Bylaw of 2014 that, with effect from 1 February 2016 and until further notice, to limit or restrict the use of water, subject to the exemptions provided for in paragraph 6 hereof, level 2 water restrictions shall apply within the Drakenstein Municipal area:
1. The use of potable water connected directly or indirectly to, or derived from, Council potable water mains for the purpose of watering gardens, lawns, parks and public open spaces is restricted to, as follows:
1.1. One hour, Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays for even street numbered properties, and not between 10:00 and 16:00;
1.2. One hour, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, for uneven street numbered properties, and not between 10:00 and 16:00;
1.3. any property without a clearly defined street number should revert to watering for one hour on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, and not between 10:00 and 16:00.
1.4. No watering will be permitted within 24 hours of rainfall that provides adequate saturation.
2. The use of hose pipes connected directly or indirectly to, or derived from Council potable water mains for the purpose of washing or rinsing roofs, buildings, structures, paths, pavements and paved areas, is prohibited.
3. The washing of vehicles is only allowed with hose pipes fitted with automatic self-closing water efficient devices or with waterless products and not between 10:00 and 16:00. The washing of vehicles with buckets is allowed but not between 10:00 and 16:00.
4. All automatic flushing urinals shall be turned off in buildings during times when such buildings are normally vacated.
5. The filling of swimming pools are allowed but not between 10:00 and 16:00
6. The approved level 2 water restrictions, water tariff increase will be applicable from 1st of February 2016.
7. The restrictions referred to in paragraphs (1), (2) and (3) above only, shall not apply:
7.1. for the purpose of watering of plants in nurseries that are conducted for gain, nurseries owned by Council or the State, collections maintained for research purposes, cricket pitches, bowling greens, golf greens, croquet lawns, artificial turf fields and sports fields, but still subject to no watering between 10:00 and 16:00;
7.2 for commercial car wash businesses, however water efficient devices, re-use of water and/or the use of waterless products must be used.
7.3. for commercial businesses providing a service relating to the rinsing of roofs and structures.
7.4. for the washing of certain paved areas at abattoirs and premises used for the processing of food
7.5.. where special exemptions have been granted in writing by Drakenstein Municipality;
7.6.. where other sources of non-potable water are used and a notice indicating the source is erected
in a position clearly visible from a public thoroughfare, but still subject to no watering between 10:00 and 16:00.
8. Any person who contravenes the provisions of this notice shall commit an offence in terms of Section 124 of the Municipal Water Services Bylaw of 2014, and shall be liable to a fine or imprisonment, or both. A flow restricting device may also be fitted to the water connection to such a property, at the consumer’s cost.
9. Any person who wishes to be exempted from the water restrictions must apply in writing to the undersigned.
The co-operation of all residents in this crisis situation for the Western Cape region will be appreciated.
JACQUES CARSTENSACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER
Do You Have Something To Report
DRAKENSTEIN MUNICIPAL NUMBERS:
021 807 4782
AFTER HOURS NUMBER
021-872 1404/ 2323
TRAFFIC PAARL TOWN:
TRAFFIC DAL TEST STATION:
OFFICE HOURS NUMBERS:
Cllr Conrad Poole
APPLICATION FOR EVENTS
Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act 2010
DM Events Application Form
Events Waste Management Plan
Fire Department Form
Safety at Sports and Recreational events ACT 2-2010 Vers 6 Application Sec 6(3) Form
Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act Exclusion Operation of s 25
Sports and Recreational Events Act 2010 as at June 2016
Traffic and Parking Plan Layout
All residents please report any dishonesty, unethical and inappropriate behaviour at Drakenstein Municipality, which may include fraud, corruption and theft, without fear of being identified.
You can use the following contact details:
FreeCall telephone number: 0800 428 429,
You can also contact the FreePost address
(Deloitte Tip-offs Anonymous, Free post,
KZN 138, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320)
and FreeCall facsimile, 0800 00 77 88.