The library staff prepared the libraries to open with limited walk-in services in the safest possible way. All libraries will be open to the public from 7 September 2020 with limited services and access from Monday to Friday.
Library open times as follows: 8:00 - 16:45
Monday to Thursday and Friday: 8:00 - 15:30
Closed on Saturdays.
1. All patrons must wear a facemask and screening will be done at the entrance. Sanitising stations will be available at the entrance and in the library;
2. The total number of patrons to enter the library, are determined on the library space;
3. Patrons would be able to select their own books from the shelves and check it out but this service will be limited to 15 minutes;
4. Use of computers for 30 minutes for research and information purposes only;
5. Use copier but not longer than 15 minutes;
6. Sitting at the tables and periodical section will still be restricted but information needs and requests will be prepare by the library staff;
7. Book donations will be accepted but quarantined before selection;
8. Curbside and online requests will still be available;
9. Virtual book reviews, books lists and links to books and other information will be available on our Facebook page and municipal website;
10. Public toilet facilities will be restricted;
11. All work areas will be sanitised after each use; and
12. Look out for posts on service updates through the libraries Facebook pages, municipal website and other media.