The promotion of entrepreneurship and small business remains an important priority of the government of South Africa. Our commitment is to ensure that small businesses progressively increase their contribution towards the South African economy in critical areas such as job creation, equity and access to markets.
We know that a strong and well-developed small business sector can contribute significantly to economic growth through the creation of a modern entrepreneurial culture, export markets and innovation. As such, Drakenstein Municipality has recognised the importance of local sustainable municipal interventions and support to ensure an enabling environment for small businesses to grow and thrive to contribute towards the inclusive economic growth of the area.
This SMME Business support web page serves as a one stop online business portal to enable SMMEs to access reliable information about the entrepreneurial journey.
Please contact Zona Ndondo at 021 807 4815 or alternatively e-mail email@example.com
Drakenstein SMME and Entrepreneurs Expo
The devastating impact of COVID -19 has led to different spheres of government rally even more resources to improve the state’s capability to address the increasing needs of SMMEs during this pandemic. As a response, the municipality and a number of sector specific sector institutions within the SMME business support value chain, hosted the first Drakenstein SMME and Entrepreneurs Expo on 2 June 2021 at the Paarl-East Thusong Centre.
This event was in aid of providing various services to small enterprises to assist with business information to either remain or become compliant, but also to provide exposure to broader government and partnership services that are available in the ecosystem. It also created an ideal platform to stimulate business growth and motivate both current and aspiring entrepreneurs, including High School learners who were in attendance. In addition, it enabled entrepreneurs and business owners to showcase their products and services and connect with bigger local corporates and government departments which could potentially open-up new market opportunities.
Some of the Expo feedback received:
We truly enjoyed it, thank you… it is good exposure for our learners as future entrepreneurs. - Elmaret Valentyn, Al-Azhar Institute of Paarl (Attendee).
From our side, we just want to say thank you for the great opportunity you created for us. It was a privilege to be part of the expo and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We look forward to future events and collaboration. – Sulize Naude, Labit (Exhibitor).
Moet vir julle se dankie was baie nice! – Henrico Sampson, Sushi H (Food Vendor).
We are also pleased to announce that the Drakenstein Entrepreneurship Expo will now be annual feature on municipal events calendar. In conclusion, the municipal budget for 2021/2022 further demonstrates our commitment to build SMMEs’ capabilities to increase their contribution to the economic growth of our area and we are also delighted to inform you that the municipality will have a much more focused approach in collaborating with like- minded organisations’ in both the private and public sector to reignite the local economy through promoting local spent.
Invest Drakenstein_final draft - 13 March 2020
Covid-19 Business Community Update
Drakenstein Covid-19 Business Impact Survey Findings
Drakenstein Draft Informal Trading By-Law_20200723
Policies, Plans and Strategies
1. Financial Assistance for Public Events Policy 2. Informal Trading Enhancement Strategy 3. Informal Trading Management Policy 4. Integrated Economic Growth Strategy 5. Investment Incentive Policy 6. SMME Support Plan 7. Tourism Development Plan 8. Drakenstein Township Economic Strategy Draft_July 2020
Business Support Guides and Tools
9. EGT Business Support Guide10.Funding Readiness Guide – DEDAT11.Supplier Database Registration Guide12. FinFind - www.FinFind.co.za Finfind is an online access to finance solution for SMMEs. It is a platform that uses data driven algorithms to link businesses seeking finance with matching funders.13. JUMP App - http://www.bizjump.co.za JUMP is an innovative one-stop-shop for existing and potential business owners in the Western Cape to get all the resources they need to start, scale and grow their companies.
14. Drakenstein Township Economic Strategy Draft_July 2020
SMME Support Interventions and Programmes
15. TREP Integrated Presentation16. TREP Programmes Application
17. Free online training courses available to SMMEs..
1. CEO Connect Old Mutual 04-Jun-21 08:00 https://evolve.eventoptions.co.za/register/ceo-connect/details2. Finance, investment and strategy: Financing the African energy transition Enlit Africa 08-Jun-21 13:00https://app.swapcard.com/event/enlit-africa/planning/UGxhbm5pbmdfNDAzMDU43. Bringing renewables onto the grid: G-PST Consortium presentation Enlit Africa 09-Jun-21 14:30 https://app.swapcard.com/event/enlit-africa/planning/UGxhbm5pbmdfNDU0MTg44. New energy landscape: The role of Africa in the global hydrogen-generation market Enlit Africa 10-Jun-21 12:00 https://app.swapcard.com/event/enlit-africa/planning/UGxhbm5pbmdfNDAzMDk05. Digital Transformation in Communications and Marketing Meltwater 10-Jun-21 10:00https://learn.meltwater.com/emea-en-webinar-voices_uk-060921_Registrationpage.html?utm_source=referral&utm_medium=event-internal&utm_campaign=event-internal-referral-emea-voices-q2-bizcomm-051021&utm_content=event6. How to Reset your Business for Success Standard Bank 26-Jun-21 12:30https://arenaevents.africa/webinar-registrations/how-to-reset-your-business-from-the-pandemic/
1. CEO Connect Old Mutual 04-Jun-21 08:00 https://evolve.eventoptions.co.za/register/ceo-connect/details
2. Finance, investment and strategy: Financing the African energy transition Enlit Africa 08-Jun-21 13:00https://app.swapcard.com/event/enlit-africa/planning/UGxhbm5pbmdfNDAzMDU4
3. Bringing renewables onto the grid: G-PST Consortium presentation Enlit Africa 09-Jun-21 14:30 https://app.swapcard.com/event/enlit-africa/planning/UGxhbm5pbmdfNDU0MTg4
4. New energy landscape: The role of Africa in the global hydrogen-generation market Enlit Africa 10-Jun-21 12:00 https://app.swapcard.com/event/enlit-africa/planning/UGxhbm5pbmdfNDAzMDk0
5. Digital Transformation in Communications and Marketing Meltwater 10-Jun-21 10:00https://learn.meltwater.com/emea-en-webinar-voices_uk-060921_Registrationpage.html?utm_source=referral&utm_medium=event-internal&utm_campaign=event-internal-referral-emea-voices-q2-bizcomm-051021&utm_content=event
6. How to Reset your Business for Success Standard Bank 26-Jun-21 12:30https://arenaevents.africa/webinar-registrations/how-to-reset-your-business-from-the-pandemic/
Training Series on Supply Chain Finance Innovation SME Finance Forum 23 Feb 2021 to 23 March 2021 at 8:00https://www.smefinanceforum.org/post/webinar-series-supply-chain-finance-innovationThe World Energy Leaders Virtual Summit Industry IoT 23 Mar 2021 at 9:30https://www.industry-iot.com/virtual-summit-formB2B in Africa for Africa | Success By Design | 24-Mar-21 at 12:00https://www.eventbrite.com/e/b2b-in-africa-for-africa-tickets-142889958713Virtual Western Cape Agriculture Export Week (WCAEW) Wesgro 29 Mar 2021 at 9:00https://www.wesgro.co.za/corporate/events/virtual-western-cape-agriculture-export-week-wcaew-2
Training Series on Supply Chain Finance Innovation SME Finance Forum 23 Feb 2021 to 23 March 2021 at 8:00https://www.smefinanceforum.org/post/webinar-series-supply-chain-finance-innovation
The World Energy Leaders Virtual Summit Industry IoT 23 Mar 2021 at 9:30https://www.industry-iot.com/virtual-summit-form
B2B in Africa for Africa | Success By Design | 24-Mar-21 at 12:00https://www.eventbrite.com/e/b2b-in-africa-for-africa-tickets-142889958713
Virtual Western Cape Agriculture Export Week (WCAEW) Wesgro 29 Mar 2021 at 9:00https://www.wesgro.co.za/corporate/events/virtual-western-cape-agriculture-export-week-wcaew-2
Unravelling South Africa's Just Transition: Unpacking the ground-level impacts in the coal value chain HOST: TIPS 03 Nov 2020 10:00 https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_X1pHkk2QQF27GzssY6chdA
EMEA - Rethink-transfer pricing perspectives from around the world: Navigating through crisis and complexities HOST: BDO South Africa 04 Nov 2020 10:00 - 11:00 https://www.bdo.com/events/europe,-middle-east-and-africa-transfer-pricing#event-registration Cape Health Tech Week HOST: Wesgro 09 to 12 Nov 2020 10:00 https://healthtech.capetown/register/ Microsoft Relationship Sales Webinar HOST: Mint Group 11 Nov 2020 14:00 https://www.mintgroup.net/blog/events/webinar-microsoft-relationship-sales Women in the Green Economy HOST: Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning 17 Nov 2020 14:00 - 15:30 https://forms.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx? id=f790rsPPYEeh_gcxr6pVAtnEGxAgBf5DulZ0tqYgT19UMlBEQjFXT01MWkU5NkRZMElSSjRMMk1VNC4u
Digitisation - the future of the network, part 2The challenges of achieved higher penetration of DER Enlit Africa 15-Apr-21 14:30https://app.swapcard.com/event/enlit-africa/planning/UGxhbm5pbmdfMzcxNTcwVirtual coffee club - The strength of weak ties – and other strategic reminders revealed by the pandemic. Cape Chamber of Commerce 20-Apr-21 08:00https://capechamber.glueup.com/event/35688/Leading succesfully in times of uncertainty - South Peninsula Chapter Cape Chamber of Commerce 22-Apr-21 09:30https://capechamber.glueup.com/event/leading-succesfully-in-times-of-uncertainty-south-peninsula-chapter-35687/The ultimate guide to setting up an online shop - Webinar Cape Chamber of Commerce 19-May-21 11:00https://capechamber.glueup.com/event/the-ultimate-guide-to-setting-up-an-online-shop-webinar-35620/
Digitisation - the future of the network, part 2The challenges of achieved higher penetration of DER Enlit Africa 15-Apr-21 14:30https://app.swapcard.com/event/enlit-africa/planning/UGxhbm5pbmdfMzcxNTcw
Virtual coffee club - The strength of weak ties – and other strategic reminders revealed by the pandemic. Cape Chamber of Commerce 20-Apr-21 08:00https://capechamber.glueup.com/event/35688/
Leading succesfully in times of uncertainty - South Peninsula Chapter Cape Chamber of Commerce 22-Apr-21 09:30https://capechamber.glueup.com/event/leading-succesfully-in-times-of-uncertainty-south-peninsula-chapter-35687/
The ultimate guide to setting up an online shop - Webinar Cape Chamber of Commerce 19-May-21 11:00https://capechamber.glueup.com/event/the-ultimate-guide-to-setting-up-an-online-shop-webinar-35620/
Western Cape Invest SA Virtual One Stop
The InvestSA One Stop Shop initiative is geared towards providing investors with services to reduce government red tape when establishing a business. It is part of the government’s drive to become investor-friendly by improving the business environment, lowering the cost of doing business, and making the process easier.
Companies are now able to make virtual appointments directly with all co-located provincial and national Government Departments via the below link.https://www.wesgro.co.za/invest/one-stop-shop
021 872 2323
021 807 4500
Berg River Boulevard
S33 44.248 E18 58.108